I just finished listening to an audio book titled "Drive" by Daniel Pink. Fittingly enough I listened while I drove around in my car...
This audio book is a must read/listen book for anyone who works for, runs or owns a business. Pretty much everyone!
The traditional business I owned was a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. More of the intrinsic motivation came from me (even though at that time I had know idea that was even a word!). My business partner was definitely more extrinsically motivated. I think the 30 years difference in age probably accounted for most of that!
"Drive" explains the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic and also talks about "carrots and sticks" motivation. I really like what Pink has to say about motivation and you can apply it to anything - from cleaning the house to growing a family to running a business.
I also really liked the ROWE (Results Oriented Work Environment) concept. If I own another traditional business in the future, I would really like to use the ROWE concept. Until that point, I will just focus on my internet franchise and figure out my ROWE and intrinsic motivations.
All in all, you should read/listen to this book!
Up next: "How To Become a Million Dollar Earner" by Frank Keefer and an audiobook "It's Not Just Who You Know" by Tommy Spaulding.
May your horse be swift, your laughter infectious, your smile sincere!
Nikole Haumont
800.432.4662
www.shopnik.net
www.nswebcenter.com
No comments:
Post a Comment